Monday, March 16, 2009

Why Malaysian Football So Hopeless??


Being a footballer myself, I think I should be able to give some comments on the topic. Why Malaysian football so hopeless?

Every player on the field, excluding the goalkeeper, is so eager to become the next Eric Cantona (or Messi - the new legend).

See here for example:
I dont understand why the defenders tend to play like strikers, though their main job is to defend. And once silly mistake happens, the defender will give "free ball" to the opponent and a big opportunity to score. Well, I (with fellow Malaysians) sometimes play football with the African people. Once, I heard one of them remarked "You are so sellfish" to a Malaysian player. I cannot tahan and burst out laughing.

One-man show is not the way to play football. We need to play as a team, pass the ball around, dont hold it for too long (unless if you want to imitate Eric Cantona and dribbles all the way to the opponent's goal - and do it quickly) and remember our fellow African friend's comment. See the way Brazil or Barcelona or Man U plays.


To be continued....

No comments: